What is SLES? (School Leaver Employment Support)
Are you a Year 12 student?
School Leaver Employment Support, or SLES, is a new NDIS support that may help you.
SLES is about giving you the skills and confidence to help you move from school to employment.
SLES offers you individualised support for up to 2 years after finishing year 12 to help you get ready for work and plan your pathway to employment.
SLES supports (how we can help you)
Your SLES supports will be tailored to meet your individual employment goals. This may include:
• Assisting you find work experience in open employment and participating in job trials
• Job skills training assisting you with navigating formal qualifications
• Travel Training – helping you become confident with using public transport
• Drivers Licence – helping you complete practice hours
• Planning – helping you develop a plan to identify and reach your goals
• Skill development – helping you with confidence ,understanding interview process practice and coaching, resume writing.
• Work Sampling – to help you work out if you enjoy the on the job experience of your dream job
• Community involvement – helping you to engage with and participate in local community groups, such as volunteering with Marine Rescue, Navy Cadets, SES, or charity stores.
• Numeracy & literacy
• Leisure & social – perhaps your interested in poultry raising, or attending the Men’s Shed, swap meets, or the CWA, we can assist you with this.
• Sports – interested in basketball, softball, cricket, soccer or even tenpin? we can help you find social groups and support you in attending games.
Want to know more phone our SLES program co-ordinator for a chat Ph: 6562 2355 or email email@example.com